Dermal Filler Information
Dermal fillers, Skin Boosters & Profhilo
Dermal fillers are a soft tissue filler injected into the skin to help fill facial wrinkles restoring a smoother, more youthful appearance, they are made from hyaluronic acid which is a naturally occurring sugar that absorbs moisture and keeps skin hydrated.
Dermal Fillers are temporary as hyaluronic acid is eventually absorbed by the body and naturally broken down & last around 6-12 months however this may vary with each client, lifestyle and area injected.
Successful results depend on health of the skin and the type of product used. A full and thorough consultation is carried out by an experienced and qualified Nurse Prescriber who will be able to discuss your areas of concern and advise the best way forward to achieve maximum results. We regret that we are unable to treat anyone under the age of 21yrs old
Nasolabial Folds (Nose to mouth lines).
Fillers for the nasolabial folds are a great way to treat lines around the nose and the mouth. Our use of advanced dermal fillers offers instant correction for deep lines. The procedure uses dermal fillers to fill in the crease and plump the skin to give you a more youthful appearance. The effects of the treatment are usually visible immediately and gives you desired results without the cost of surgery.
Cheek Augmentation is ideal for individuals who either want to add definition and contour to the area or for those that have noticed facial changes with the loss of volume in the cheek area. As we grow older, our cheek bones become less pronounced and sagging of the skin will naturally occur.
Injectable fillers offer a quick and effective cheek enhancement adding volume into the cheeks making you feel more uplifted. This procedure involves filler being inserted via an advanced cannula technique in order to improve fullness and create definition on the cheek bone. It gives immediate effects without the potential downtime and severe bruising from surgery.
Smoker’s lines are small lines that etch the lips and may extend vertically from the lips. They are often first noticed when lipstick starts to ‘bleed’ out of the vermilion border (the border between the lip and adjacent skin) into the vertical fine lines around the mouth. They are more prominent on the upper lips. Dermal fillers are the most effective non-surgical method for treating smoker’s lines. This usually only requires a very small volume of the product injected into precise locations along the lines and lip border.
Marionette lines are caused when the skin loses elasticity due to the natural ageing process and the damaging effects of sun exposure. Weight loss can also cause marionette lines, when fat is lost on the face this can cause crease lines from the mouth to the nose.
Dermal fillers are an effective treatment for marionette lines; they can thicken the skin and reduce the appearance of the lines. Fillers not only help to improve these deep wrinkles, but they restore and moisturize skin in the area. They work by providing extra fullness to the area where wrinkles are most prominent.
Lip Augmentation is used to enhance the appearance of thin, aged or asymmetrical lips. The treatment provides the perfect solution to achieving a naturally seductive and desirable pout.
Injectable lip enhancement is a procedure involving the strategic injection of dermal fillers into parts of the lips and surrounding areas to enhance, shape, or add volume to the lips and reduce surrounding wrinkles. It is important your lips suit your face therefore time will be taken to discuss your needs, what you would like to achieve and personal preferences at your free, no obligation consultation.
Skin Boosters designed to deliver deep-skin hydration
This means increasing hydration levels within the skin to deliver lasting moisturisation and improvements on the skin’s surface, creating a fresh and natural look.
The treatment involves hydrating microinjections of a soft, gel-like substance called Hyaluronic Acid (HA) into the skin, which improves the skin’s firmness, elasticity and radiance. Water-loving HA is found naturally in the body where it maintains hydration in the skin. As we age, the quality of our HA diminishes over time. Now you have the opportunity to replenish and maintain natural hydration levels from within.
Treatment involves 2-3 sessions 2-4 weeks apart and then one treatment every 6 months to maintain the result. Treatable areas include face, neck, decolletage and hands.
Profhilo® is neither a filler or skinbooster, not in the traditional sense. This is the first ever injectable hyaluronic acid used for skin remodelling and treating skin laxity.
Profhilo is an award-winning treatment and innovative approach to anti-aging. Comprised of 100% HA (Hyaluronic Acid), it restores firmness of the skin whilst nourishing dermal cells; providing hydration from the inside out to address ‘crepey’ skin.
Treatment involves 2-3 sessions 4 weeks apart and a treatment every 6 months for maintenance.
Following your treatment with hyaluronic acid dermal fillers we recommend that you observe the following guidelines. By doing so you can help to ensure your treatment is successful and minimise unwanted side effects.
- Dermal fillers give a treatment result for an average of 6-12months. This effect may be variable depending on many factors, including condition of the skin, mechanical action in the treatment area, amount of product injected and injection technique. Lifestyle factors are also known to affect the duration of treatment
- Redness, swelling, mild itching on or around the injection site generally resolves within one to two days although we recommend you allow 2 weeks for full resolution.
- You may be slightly numb after your procedure so please take care with hot drinks or food until full sensation has returned.
- Please try to avoid applying make-up on the day of treatment.
- Avoid excessive alcohol intake or vigorous exercise for the first 48 Hours following treatment as this may enhance bruising.
- Some discomfort and tenderness may follow the treatment as discussed in your consultation.
- Please continue with your skin care regime as directed by your practitioner.
- Refrain from vigorously massaging the treated areas although gentle massage may be permitted if directed by your practitioner.
- Do not expose the treatment areas to extreme heat (solarium/sunbathing) or extreme cold until full resolution of any redness and swelling. Apply UV protection when outside.
- If you have had treatment to your cheeks or eye area please try to sleep on your back for the next 2-3 nights and refrain from wearing swimming goggles for 3 weeks.
- As discussed in your consultation you may require more than 1 treatment session for optimal results.
- If you experience any of the following please contact your clinic or practitioner immediately:Increasing redness, swelling, discomfort, heat in the treatment area, pus. Pale, purple or dusky skin around the treatment area, (that is not caused by bruising), cool to touch, crusting or small pustules.
If you are concerned about your treatment results or any potential side effects please contact Coalport Skin Clinic on 07875510070.