Fat Dissolving Injections
How does it work?
DesoBody Fat dissolving injections, also known as intra-lipotherapy, destroy fat cells by damaging the fat cell membrane and liquifying the fat in the treatment area. The destroyed fat cells are then broken down and removed naturally through the body’s lymphatic system .
How is DesoBody & DesoFace different to the older fat dissolvers on the market?
DesoBody is the newest body fat dissolving injection formula on the market to date. It contains the active ingredient sodium deoxycholate (deoxycholic acid) which is a medical detergent that breaks down fat cells. It has been shown to be safer, more effective and more comfortable than other older fat dissolvers on the market.
Am I a candidate?
This treatment is ideal for patients with moderate body weight or who are slightly overweight with stubborn, localized fatty deposits, which appear resistant to diet and physical activity.
Contra indications for treatment: Pregnancy, breastfeeding, infection/inflammation at injection site, acute illness/infection, moderate renal/liver disease, allergies to lidocaine/sodium deoxycholate, blood clotting disorders, immunosuppression due to disease or medication. Relative Contra-indications; excessive skin laxity, body dysmorphia.
What areas can be treated?
Target areas that can be treated with Deosbody & DesoFace fat dissolving injections include Under chin,abdomen, flanks, saddlebags, inner thighs, inner knees, back rolls and underarm bra fat.
The Procedure involves Identifying and marking the areas to be treated, several injections are required to ensure the solution is widely dispersed within the fatty tissue. It is possible to experience mild to moderate discomfort during the procedure.
2-4 sessions may be required at a 6-week interval to get the best result.
Possible Complications include;
- Prolonged pain lasting days or weeks
Rare Complications include;
- discolouration (<0.002%) usually temporary – avoid UV exposure.
- Allergy (<0.002%) which may require emergency treatment
- Damage to surrounding structures (<0.05%) including nerve, muscles, blood vessels
- Nodules (<0.05%) usually transient and resolve as fatty tissue is removed
- Skin Necrosis (<0.0076%) skin damage caused by reaction of the solution leading to tissue death, blistering, sloughing, infection, scarring.
- Unsatisfactory results including stubborn fat, asymmetry, irregularities, loose skin post treatment.
- Unmet expectations, improvements will be mild to moderate and results cannot be guaranteed. Alternative procedures for fat removal both surgical and non-surgical are available.
Post Treatment Following treatment there will be some transient mild/moderate redness, swelling, oedema and tenderness which may last for a few days. Occasionally there may be some bruising which may last for a week or more. Rarely nerves can be damaged causing pain, numbness, tingling, hypersensitivity, altered sensation, this usually recovers over time.
Compression garments and lymphatic drainage can help with swelling. UV exposure should be avoided and other treatments in the area until all bruising and swelling has settled. Pain is usually described as mild and should resolve within 48-72 hrs.
Deso Face Fat Dissolving Injections £100 per area (Course of 3 £250)
Deso Body Fat Dissolving Injections £325 per medium area 30cm x 30cm (Course of 3 £900)
Deso Body Fat Dissolving injections £425 per large area 40cm x 40cm ( Course of 3 £1200)